What is SE Ranking?
SE Ranking is an all-included SEO software that offers all SEO tools needed to successfully complete online marketing projects. SE Ranking is perfect for small business owners, SEO pros and agencies. The software provides a complete set of tools for keyword position tracking and keyword research, website audit, competitor analysis, keyword suggestion and grouping, backlink monitoring, automated professional reporting, and much more. Besides standard SEO tools the system offers a set of additional features such as White Label, Social Media Management and Marketing Plan aimed at bringing your professional digital services to a whole new level.
SE Ranking Key Features Review
SE Ranking Keyword Rank Tracker
If you’re into SEO, then you already know about the importance of keywords. You also know about the importance of earning a great rank for specific keywords.
SE Ranking helps with that. It’s Keyword Rank Tracker tool lives up to its name.
Keyword Rank Tracker shows historical rank for keywords that are most important to you. Use that info to see if your rank is improving over time.
The tool covers rank for all the major search engines:
Keyword Rank Tracker also shows rank data by device. That will give you some insight into how well your site ranks on mobile platforms.
Also, the tool shows you info beyond simple organic rankings. You’ll see search volume and relative traffic forecast as well.
SE Ranking even shows you paid ranking in Google.
You aren’t limited to tracking your own keywords, either. The tool enables you to see how well your competitors are ranking with their keywords.
SE Ranking Backlink Checker
SE Ranking’s Backlink Checker tool provides detailed backlink information on any website. You can also use this tool to identify competitors’ top performing pages in terms of backlink, which is a good indicator for the type of content that will perform best for your site.
While SE Ranking’s dashboard offers a clean layout, we found that it does not locate as many backlinks as more advanced tools such as Ahrefs. In addition, it doesn’t offer as much information for each backlink.
Monitoring your backlink profile is important to ensure that you are making progress in your SEO efforts. After you enter a domain or URL, the Backlink Checker returns valuable information including:
• Domain and page trust
• Total number of backlinks
• How many backlinks link to the homepage verses other pages
• Referring domains
• Dofollow to nofollow ratio
• Distribution map by country codes or countries
This tool can also be used to help you understand how much your competitors are investing in SEO, and track their performance over time. It provides all the same information for competitor websites as your own.
SE Ranking On-Page Checker
How well is one of your web pages optimized for a specific query? To answer that question, you should turn to SE Ranking’s On-Page Checker.
The tool won’t just show you how well a page is optimized, though. It will also show you a series of recommendations and recommended fixes.
Use that info to give the page an even better rank!
Which parameters does the tool use when analyzing a page for optimization? Several of them:
• Domain characteristics
• Title and meta tags
• URL structure of the page
• Index status
• Image optimization
• Page speed
• Keyword density
• Social signals
If you’re struggling with ranking a single page for a specific search term, start diagnosing the problem with On-Page Checker.
SE Ranking Snippets Tool
SE Ranking also offers a featured snippets report, which is an advanced feature that helps keep track of which keywords and content are featured snippets. Featured snippets are incredibly powerful because they are shown at the top of Google’s search results.
SE Ranking’s featured snippet report displays aggregated keyword ranking information. Since it does not allow you to filter by specific keywords, it makes it difficult to interpret the individual contributions of each keyword. It’s also difficult to decipher whether a snippet was recently gained or lost.
The only specific information you can view is the actual featured snippet for a keyword and the date it appears on. If you want to view a featured snippet over a larger period of time, you would need to scroll. This is tedious, especially if you’re comparing specific dates that are far away from each other.
SE Ranking Competitor Research Tool
SE Ranking offers a Competitor Research tool that helps you identify and understand your top online competitors. SE Ranking identifies your competitors by finding the websites that perform well for the same search terms as your website. They do not organize competitors based on real-world analysis.
This tool offers key information including:
• An overview of a competitor’s organic and paid traffic
• The ability to adjust the geography of search engine traffic
• Top 5 organic and paid competitors
• Venn diagram displaying unique, missing and common keywords between you and your competitors
• Competitive position distribution map of organic and paid competitors based on volume of traffic and number of keywords
• Compare up to three competitors as well as their rankings for keywords
It does have some limitations including:
• Timing is limited only on a four month basis
• No traffic information based on social media channels or by device
• No competitor demographic information
• In their paid traffic research tab, you are only able to see competitors’ search ads
SE Ranking Pricing & Cost
SE Ranking pricing ranges between $39 and $189 per month. They also offer a 14-day free trial and a demo account the user can use before purchasing.
• Optimum: $39 per month, up to 10 sites, 37,500 keyword checks in total
• Plus: $89 per month, unlimited number of sites, 150,000 keyword checks in total
• Enterprise: $189 per month, unlimited number of sites, 375,000 keyword checks in total
They also offer discounts associated with the frequency of keyword ranking checks:
• Daily: 0% total discount
• Every 3 days: 20% total discount
• Weekly: 40% total discount
SE Ranking Pros
• "Backlink checker is a cool feature to have. Backlink Monitor Tool is Awesome as it Sends Notifications via Email when we lose a back link etc."
• "I love that it has offer for free trial, which offers the chance to try it out before subscribing. It is one of the best seo tool for competitor analysis."
• "Competitor Analysis Tool is Just Awesome, Able to Find all the Keywords of Competitors. Keyword Tracking is Accurate & Perfect."
• "They are all inside the same platform so users do not have to buy separate tools. They also offer a free trial, which in fact, a good chance to try them out before subscribing."
SE Ranking Cons
• "What I don't like about it is, you should pay a full year for their lowest plan. This may turn off beginners without a big budget for an SEO tool."
• "The interface consistently loads slowly for me when I open it for the first time in a day. This only bothers me when I actually sit and wait for data to show."
• "Some lack depth and don't have the same amount of statistics as other tools at higher price points may offer."
• "Too much tools and they are not very friendly so new people on seo can get confuse. The tools are hide in the ui."
Based in this SE Ranking review, the tool proves to have an easy-to-use and intuitive system that allows you to pick up SEO right off the bat.
The onboarding for its rank tracking feature could use some work, but the Online marketing plan checklist makes up for it. It’s best for users to view the checklist first to get a better understanding of what they need to do using the software.
SE Ranking isn’t without its drawback. The rank tracker is strong enough, but it won’t satisfy people who want daily updates for their search rankings. The backlink analysis could use some work, while the social media feature is a nice but ultimately unnecessary feature of the tool.